Apr 3, 2006

the dude abides

who knew a week could be so full of wack bizack?

Tuesday: With Natels P., I saw Fidelio, Beethoven's only opera. It's a very confusing plot, but they did a fine job, fine. Truly Met-tastic.

Wednesday: I celebrated Emilie's birthday dinner, preparations for which included a fascinating trip to B&H Photo Video, which is run by hasidic jews in the most efficient fashion, which happily includes sailing your products thru the store-sky on tracks and clips, to land, virtually in your lap, up at the Pick Up Counter. I heart B&H Photo Video. It's made it to my list of Must Take Visiting Tourists to This Place List. It's a unique creature, truly amazing, and best of all, all the men have bits of curly long hair and beards! What's not to like?

Thursday: my CALSA Commandos and I quite successfully, and despite the fight I had with the Student Bar Association President, took over (ok, co-hosted) the SBA Thursday Night, at Swift (SBA Pres. didn't come :( I was hoping we could make up (not out, Dan Matza Brown)).

and, finally, the (fake British accent) weeKEND. on Friday, I rested.

Saturday: Apartment and laundry laundering, more homework and more resting.

Sunday: I was back to manic phase, more apartment laundering, to aid me with my next task, which was to find me a Flora to sublet it for the summer (check! she had to visit 2 times just to make sure), more homework and opinion-polishing, and capped it off with 3 hours of poker with 2 law professors (Issacharoff & Estlund), 4 law students (Yowell, Boruch, Steinberg, and Other Last Name), and a high school senior (also an Issacharoff, I think). The other four students and I had bid on this $700 poker game a few weeks ago in a fundraising auction, but part of it was the professors gave us each $35 with which to bid. I kept my losses to $1.75. Anyway. (A tadly creepily, if you search google images for "issacharoff", you get pictures of his and Estlund's house, posted by their construction company.)

And Today: nothing special, other than a trip to the computer emergency room, but happily this robbed me of only my time and money. but not very much of either, mazeltov to me!

Here's a picture of a subway ad, with commentary, that I took today:


and this marks the end of today's alloted resting period. dinner and final opinion polishing time. whoopee.

. . .

p.s. vote jonathan suk 4 SBA President.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you got to experience B&H.

And: thank you again!