May 1, 2007

final final

mission: take all law school finals [complete]

I didn't mind taking the tests so much as studying for them. Whole boxes of oreos, inhaled. Untold countless hours of sitting on my couch, staring at my laptop, half of them in procrastination. After each semester's long-drag-out struggle with finals was finished, I would calculate the percentage of law school then complete, usually out of pure dread of the number of finals periods I had yet to endure. Today, 99.9%. I can usually eek some nostalgia out of somewhere for almost anything gone by. Not so, finals. Don't let the door hit you on your way out.

I could tell you all you want to know about products liability right now though, and enjoy it. I have just one last paper to write and then I'm really finally final. Other, happier prospects include visits from Los Canadiens Zach and Robyn; the dressed-up and drunken Barrister's Ball; graduation, featuring visits from Carol and James and Michael and Seemee; a five-day Pittsburgh extravaganza with Shum, Diana and my new niece (!) Carolyn; and then visits from (in reverse order of past visit frequency), Harris, Sarah, Rachel, Tim, and Jessie, begun with a big party, BK style, and culminating in a long drive in a Penske with Harris and all* my worldly possessions to North Platte, NE. Good times are gonna roll all the way home.

*except what's already stored in my parents' basement, to which they will be happy to bid adieu.

. . .

No comments: