May 24, 2007

the great gastronomic goodbye

On Saturday, my possessions, H*s, and I will leave New York in a penske truck and head for the hills of Pennsylvania, en route to North Platte, NE. Right now it seems pretty sad, but I think once we hit the open road (or Memorial-Day-Weekend-congested road, as it may be), I think I'll start getting excited. In between the packing, I've been eating. SWT, H*s, various dinner companions, and I have over the past week sampled: thai, ethiopian, uppity pizza, coffee-shop, bar & grill, polish and italian pastry, seafood, organic cupcakes, bakery, fancy italian, neighborhood brunch, Brooklyn cheesecake, and homemade pesto cuisines. In one day, I had a homemade omelet, raw oysters, flounder, and lobster, and an ethiopian hodgepodge. It's a great way to say goodbye, both to the city and the friends.

. . .

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I don't know how to make an extremely sad and distressed emoticon!

See you back West, my dear!