Sep 17, 2007

just another puppy on life

What do a dentist, an optometrist, a legal aid lawyer, a john deere dealership owner, his wife, his son, and his wife all have in common? they all got to sit with me at the NP chamber of commerce banquet tonight. Oh yes. That's right. And I managed to be underdressed, quite a feat here in the West. I heard about the latest in dentistry (laser anesthesia, tv screens on the ceiling (I suggested video games), and the most famous architect...in dentist architecture (what? you haven't heard of him? I had to say no.)). I heard about the ebb and flow of machine-buying, and about how people are buying machines in Texas and renting them out here at the relevant time of year. Migrant combines. I heard about many, many boring awards (Business Person of the Year) and Thank You Margoes, and We Couldn't Have Done it Without Yous, and waited out as much of a boring speech as I could (he didn't get started till two hours in). Now I know--I am not Chamber of Commerce Material.

In other news, not to brag or anything, but it seems Madam Lulu, aka Lady Sniffer, is literally too cute for her own good. There's an effusive neighbor that Lulu and I are going to have to try to avoid now. She gets the wee pupsicle so riled up that she forgets all she's learned about How to Take a Walk with Her Attorney. Today, post-extravagant-lovin-by-excitable-neighbor, Lulu waited till I was distracted by the poop-grass-bag extraction process, gave a great tug, and found herself free to roam the world. It was surprising for us both, I think.

Now we're going to surprising ourselves right to bed.

. . .

No comments: