Dec 12, 2007

hard core

It was zero degrees in North Platte this morning and we have about 6 inches of snow now. However, a local told me that the city council does not budget for plowing any less than a foot o' snow. This means that the streets become sheets of snow, and then, after a thaw and refreeze, ice. But the Platters don't care. They and their SUVs are too tough to care about that. Too tough.

Lulu and I have been fighting the great walking wars of 2007. She pulls, I pull back, my joints ache. But now I have the Gentle Leader (tm) on my side. The Gentle Leader and I will win this thing. We will win a yank-free doggy. We will! Otherwise I will hire someone else to walk her.

Xmas and JEC approach. JEC will be my first visitor since September, I think, and high time.

. . .

No comments: