Aug 28, 2008

everlasting cookies

I made these cookies tonight. Really, I started making them three days ago. Then the butter softened for a day, and then the dough sat, as the recipe insists, for another 36 hours. Also, I used only regular flour, ghirardelli chocolate chips, and, for the first time, my own vanilla extract. I tried to make them as big as they say (generous golf balls) but maybe I just don't play golf enough. I got 30 cookies, whereas they got 16 for the same batch. And they're still plenty big and taste pretty good. SH, my roommate, declared them the best she'd ever tasted. I don't know if I can say the same, but maybe my tongue is exhausted from all this working out I've been doing.

Mine don't look like this, but who cares:


Mine are not so flat. The salt-sprinkled on top is genius.

. . .

No comments: