Jul 18, 2006

'round the outside, 'round the outside

hey leaping lords and ladies. It's been a while since I rapped atcha. Hope to post a nice long one this evening, but until then, you will have to make de do do do, de da da da with this sparkling slice of filla:
__________________________________________________________
[From the Cornelia Street Cafe, near NYU School o' fLaw]

Cornelia Street Cafe
29 Cornelia Street
Between Bleecker St and W 4th St
New York, NY 10014
(212) 989-9319

Dear Reader,

We're very happy you have agreed to participate in our marathon
reading of Homer's Iliad at Cornelia Street Café, July 17 - 20. There are twenty
four of us, one for each book of the Iliad. Here are some details about your
reading, which you will need to know in order to prepare for the event:

Please check the schedule below to confirm which book you are reading,
and on what night. We ask that all readers arrive at Cornelia Street Café
a few minutes early (no later than 6 PM) and check in with me (Kurt) so I
know everyone is present and ready to go. I'll either be upstairs at the
bar, or downstairs in the performance room. You'll know me: I'll be the one
with the anxious _expression on my face. If you can't find me, find Angelo, or
ask one of the bartenders who I am.

________________________________________________


Jessie and I went to a more hard-core all-night reading of the Odyssey last year, and it was amazing: great greek food, a beautiful space, and hearing 80% of the Odyssey in about 14 hours was spectacular. You can see pictures here (but you have to sign up first): http://annescanon.rhymm.com/digipics/nyc/out/odyssey/

word.

. . .

No comments: