Aug 19, 2006

thug life

is nothing like the Good Life they celebrate here in Nebraska. Or so I imagine. Nebraska is plenty* rainstorms viewed from the porch, garage sales, farmers markets, and thrift stores rich in Americana, family love, hair cuts, laundry on the line**, fresh tomatoes, sweet corn, and basil, and noisy-ass crickets***. I've been kicking it high time with Sarah W. Thompson, Harris P. Lehl, Tc (also shaking down America for a few short weeks till the bro gets hitched), and the folks. Lots of time being spent on clerkship applications, but they'll be done soon.

Sarah Keene Parady's Wyoming Wedding was tres beau. She was iconoclasticly lovely in copper, and Jeff looked great too, in dress jeans and cowboy boots. I think that Jeff's mom gets kudos as my favorite local wyominger. Plus I got to chill with my NYU girls Navneet and Susanna, who taught my a great new car game, Chuck, F%*& or Marry. And many thanks to Cameron and Daphna, who drove me from Salt Lake City, UT (possibly my all-time favorite city to fly into, for the views, topping even NYC) to Rock Springs, WY. I Like Them. They R Kool. Daphna lives in Rome most of the year. We bonded. And even if Rome wasn't enough to do it, she and Cameron and SKP's friend Rachel and I were all in a minor car accident together. Everybody's fine, except the cars, but it added some flava flave to the weekend. My whiplash was temporarily enough make SKP's mom give me a muscle relaxant to chew on, though. That was great. It scored me some quality shut-eye, which I needed, cause of the whole jetlag + getting up at 3:30am to get to the NYC airport to fly to SLC bizniz.

Next week Mom, Tc, and I will chug on down to Kansas City to visit the KC McShanes (starring my nephews! Mark! and! Ian!), then we'll all (incl. them and Dad) will fly to Pittsburgh for Shum-Dude & Diana's wedding! woo! then school starts. boo! But really, it will be fine. And it looks like the year will yield lots of zippy trips--hope to see SWT & HPL in NYC, TJC & Dr. RLY in Boston, Dr. JEC in Alaska AND NYC, Adelle getting married in Mexico + me visiting her in Portugal, the fam at Thanksgiving, and maybe even Zach & Timo's wedding in Oh Canada.

hearts to all,

. . .


*plenty is a good ghana word. work it! we are plenty handsome!
**This does not always coordinate well with the rainstorms. Nor with the very proximally located birdfeeders.
*** no. not noisy ass-crickets.

p.s. I don't know that person in the Good Life picture. But maybe you do.

2 comments:

Timo ten Feld said...

Teach me Chuck F*çk and Mary...I'm about to go on a longish road trip. Buduburam photos are forthcoming, but only as a trade.

Anonymous said...

Wedding was plenty sexy thanks in large part to McShane contingent! So happy you were there, jetlag and all. :)