Dec 5, 2006

it's my blog and I'll post when I want to

A combination of travel, work, work, and work, has resulted in travel, work, work, work, and no blogging (or much sleep). Poor me. Poor you.

Here are some good distractions, if you need them: textwist for the solitary and mad gab for the social. In textwist, you rearrange letters to make words, and you have to get the longest one to proceed to the next bunch of letters. We played Mad Gab while I was home for Thanksmas, and it's great! Here's Wikipedia's description:

"Mad Gab is a game created by Mattel in which you have at least two teams and 2 to 12 players. Each team has two minutes to sound out three puzzles. The puzzles, also known as mondegreens, contain small words that, when put together, make a word or phrase. For example, "These If Hill Wore" when pronounced quickly sounds like "The Civil War." There are 2 difficulties: easy and hard. The faster you guess the puzzles, the more you score."

Here are a few more examples:
Ace Lip Puff That Hung = A slip of the tongue
Eye Mull of Mush Sheen = I'm a love machine
Bat Tree Snot Ink Looted = Batteries not included
Thesis Pine Alt Hap = This is Spinal Tap
Duet Tomb He Juan Mort I'm = Do It To Me One More Time
Hoe Pin-Up Hits Depot Lease = Open Up! It's The Police
Chick He Tub An An Us = Chiquita Bananas

Anyway, it's a great game and I recommend all y'all who'll be heading home for maxi fambly time to nab one and play it. Might be even better mixed with a little eggnog and hooch.

Most recently, a weekend in Beantown left me all charged up for the LHS reunion that will be Xmas this year.

My first night there featured a going away party for my new friends, Junaki (her name means Firefly) and Amitaba (his name means super duper Buddha). They're going back to India to open a science lab nearish to Calcutta and Benares and repeatedly invited me to visit. Little do they know that I will no doubt take them up on it.


Here's what Rocky made for the party! a fig/apple/ricotta/honey foccacia!


Rocky 'n' me at Jamaica Plains Pond. (by the way, there's a new ROCKY coming out! where he's old! but still wants to fight! and still loves Adrian! and still wears Chucks! looks fabulous!)


Timsky at Chez Chung-Yerry.


Our amazing Veracruz-style fish, rice, and beans meal, concocted by my lovely hosts! Just look how nice! My mother always used to tell us that colorful meals are healthy meals.



A Bagels And Lox! (it has its own song) breakfast. Something of a fishy theme here. If you turn the picture, it looks like a smiley face.


Bocci on top of a big cold hill with lovely views. Rocky came from behind to win. I came from behind to lose.



And the TnR Train Xmas tree, in all her glory.



. . .

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"Typically updated daily, blogs often reflect the personality of the author."

http://www.webopedia.com/TERM/b/blog.html

I'm not judging you. I'm just saying.