Nov 29, 2006

handiwork is more fun than brainiwork

Now that the McS Xmas, it is finished, I can display my wares.

Here's a bear in progress for Miss McShane En Route:


And here she is, all put together but minus a face and with left leg yet unattached. Her face is black felt eyes and nose. Her body is a cashmere/merino blend, and her appendages are cashmere.



These are bean bags for juggling, made out of some cloth from ghana, some cloth from who-knows-where, an old shirt as lining, and lots of lentils. A present for my brother Shum.

Fronts:


And backs:


Behold, one of two slippers, knit and felted, for Shum. I think this is pre-felt. Knit with three bulky strands of Lamb's Pride wool/mohair from the Brown Sheep Company of Mitchell, Nebraska.



And the finale, Mom's Hats. An apple/strawberry/tomato, and a pumpkin. I particularly liked the color of the a/s/t. It's Manos del Uruguay wool.


(there's good light in the bathroom)


and the a/s/t hat all snuggled up with Steam Shovel (as my nephew named the bear):



Pumpkin in progress:



and finished. Annie's admiring it too.

. . .

1 comment:

... said...

Thanks for the shirt Anne! See you at Christmas, too.
--Bob