Mar 4, 2007

me and mine

. . .


  • I'm leaving Thursday for a world tour of europe's west coast and I'm anxious to leave the weight behind for a while.
  • I saw Bright Eyes play the Bowery last night. The music was full and good and long--they played most if not all of the songs from their most recent EP, plus plenty of others. Nate was his usual understated amazing on piano, organ, trumpet and flugelhorn. M. Ward, a happy surprise, played and sang with them, and McCarthy Trenching, an Omaha band sporting one lovely Stefanie Drootin on bass and backup vocals, opened.
    • That picture is not of Nate but it is of a flugelhorn. Chet Baker has thicker fingers than Nate but there is a similarity in their facial expressions. At least in this picture and in my mem'ry.
  • Signs point to me moving to small-town america for a legal aid job in a few months. The job will be great, I think. But the 25,000 pop. and remote locale blows my mind sometimes.
  • This clipmarks thing SWT pointed me to is handy--you can keep track of little snippets of websites you find interesting or useful or whatever.
  • I haven't been feeling the bloglife recently. Maybe it will come back later.
. . .

No comments: