Mar 19, 2007

there is $*(#@&*$@) snow on the ground in new york city and other cliched blog content

that's not what a girl wants. a girl wants warmth and sunshine. like they have in portugal and spain, and even leeeeeeds. this crap is crap. i'm THROUGH with this town.

So when I got to Europe, I was all, girlfriends, why am I not moving here asap? I'm still all mostly like that, and some part of my future will unfurl like a big unfurled thing there. However, the palpable sense of relief I felt when I exchanged the fewest of american-accented words with the woman directing the line at JFK immigration last night took me by surprise (I mean really--who ever is happy to see the poor person with that job?). I guess I really do like it here too. And I _am_ glad to be starting off the career bizniz on this side of the pond--our however-flawed legal system is comfortingly familiar to the wee scared nascent rockin awesome lawyer I will soon be.

True trip confessions will come soon. I somehow didn't take very many pictures, which is dumb. Here's some enticement for you, though:

Hungry Hungry Hippos (turns out I rock at this game-- or at least I can whup foreigners like i INVENTED the can o' whup-ass) with some inhabitants of 2 Talbot Mount + Joe:



me and historic york's historic castle:



and the lovely Miss Fay in a big park in Madrid:

. . .

No comments: