Apr 12, 2007

today's answer (with galoshes-eating glue addendum)

no.

. . .

[Addendum.

Bob from the Comments says:
"Hi Anne,
Hope the superglue works but I don't think it will. The glue is going to be a bit runny I think (plus it may eat the rubber, not sure). I think you might have better luck with a small tube of silicone. Something like this: This or this. {those were links}

Hope things are rocking!
--Bob"

Bob! Man, I am really glad that it didn't melt the rubber. I think that would have made "today's answer" more like a "no!" than just the "no." Anyway, I was gluing the rubber to the inside lining--I have no idea what it's made out of, but it's soft and white and very-fake-furry. It did actually seem to work for parts of it, but I just didn't glue securely enough right around the edges of the tear in the rubber, so water could still get in. I might actually try gluing it again (especially since I now know that they won't melt). Anyway, thanks a lot for the suggestions! if the superglue doesn't work I'll move on to the silicone. I really dig having you science people around, even if it was too late to stop the glue from potentially eating the galoshes. Now, I think I will go potentially eat some dinner.

Things are most definitely rockin! way to rock the science!

. . .]

No comments: