Jun 21, 2007

notice and comment

I bought 2 ugly lamps at goodwill last week because I thought they had potential. I've painted one of them. Here's the original:





And here's the painted one.





I grant, the shades have to go. I think the cream is better but I'm not sold. Here's what I want to know: should I paint the glass a different color using transparent paint, maybe blue, hoping for a blue-green result? keep the cream-colored base? Paint it black? paint it some other color? If you have an opinion, please leave it in the comments (or email me). muchas gracias.

. . .

4 comments:

Alison said...

I think the green is nice, but then i'm a little bias as it's my favorite color! it looks great with the cream paint. maybe you could find a green shade.

Grraar said...

i feel like if you get a mustard shade, it would set off the green and beige nicely.

Anonymous said...

Chocolate brown shade?

I, too, really like the green glass. The cream is nice, makes it look springy instead of old-lady-y.

If you do decide to repaint the base, maybe a slightly lighter grass-green, with a white or lilac shade, would be cool?

jc said...

i think the shade needs to be cream, but maybe with some nice green or blue trim...keep the green, it's great. love the paint job.