Jul 15, 2007

i'm pretty sure i just saw jupiter

I went outside the other night for the first time in the real dark here. That's a little weird, but it's a combination of the amazingly long days and the fact that I've been doing nothing but studying. And tonight I went out again! I'd forgotten how great night is. Anyway, there's a widget (software) for macintoshes that shows you which stars/planets/constellations are visible in the night sky. It's too bright in my front yard to see much clearly, but I probably definitely saw a very bright Jupiter. Or a very bright something. I don't think I've ever seen Jupiter before. So this day wasn't a complete waste of real experience. Then I tripped on my front steps, which is also more memorable then studying. Not too bad for a little venture into the wilds of the front yard.

. . .

2 comments:

Alison said...

My first thought was you saw Jupiter, the dog, in NP. which would be as exciting as seeing Jupiter the planet!

Anonymous said...

Ooh! When I get back out West we will get my telescope from my mom's house and look at the moons of Jupiter.