Nov 20, 2007

in which I am wrong

Oh how wrong I can be. Today was a doozy of wrongness. I was wrong about the due date of my student loan payment. I was wrong to think that the New York State Department of Money wouldn't bother to audit a person whose 2006 income totaled approximately $5000. I was wrong to think that if they did, I would not somehow owe them $230. But the real kicker was really when I found out that, contrary to my wrong teen beliefs, algebra really is useful in later life. Turns out that if you want to know how many 41 cent stamps and how many 17 cent stamps you can buy using a $225 check without any cents left over, algebra's your friend. But me and the post office guy, we managed with guess and check. Amazingly, we got it to work out evenly. But it would have been faster w/ algebra, no doubt.

. . .

1 comment:

abmatic said...

go algebra. have you see ravelry.com? It seems like it would be up your alley...