Nov 15, 2007

one sixth of 2007

My gallery is taking a much needed break. But that doesn't mean that you and I can't like us some pictures. Here are (parts of) October and November, 2007.

My across-the-street neighbor, an estimated octogenarian retired railroad man, Dale, gave me this dahlia from his beautiful, too-tropical-for-this-climate-so-he-has-to-dig-up-the-bulbs-every-fall garden.


Lulu at SWT's.



SWT, followed by HDL & me, at 9 Mile Prairie, outside of Lincoln.


HDL looking for the bee-striped fly.





Sunrise, sunset. O, how the little babies grow up.



My grandmother's measuring spoons. The plastic is so old they've started to fall apart. Now they are for admiring.


My not-entirely-successful papier-mache bowls.



SWT's very successful and, to me, dearly beloved paint can painting.




A typical sight at chez PDDD. She likes it under the coffee table.


Men in Hats.


RLY getting ready for the fete of the year, the EG-SP nuptials.


TJC ready to go.


The view from the fete.


Some Fs and an R, at said fete.


The pet cemetery in the alley next to my house. I believe Sniffles and Buddy were hamsters (or guinea pigs).






People have these in their yards here in the Platter. If only it were hooked up to some energy-producing machine or well or something.


A few more projects. The first is a scarf TtF and I began last winter. It's not clear what its future is: another skein? or a cast-off?



another project.
My new flag, care of CMcCMcS


A house-warming rubber plant, from the inside. I believe the stripes come from the window screen.


Another birthday present, from JAMcS. You can't see them from here, but sticking in it are lots of flower-shaped pins marking my past.


Yet another new project: a recycled t-shirt rug. I taught myself to crochet for this. It is much easier than knitting.


Morning in the kitchen.


A much-needed November! Party! at the House! of! Lounge!

SWT & friends:


HDL & SWT preparing the party mix.


Me & Tiny Dabbers.


J&J.

Good times.

. . .

1 comment:

SWT said...

groovers post!