Oct 12, 2006

blond, bland and bradley whitford, West Wing star

Justice O'Connor pronounces the first syllable of her first name such that it rhymes with the word "bland," not like it rhymes with the word "blond."

Somehow I got signed up for the Alliance for Justice listserv. Today, I received from them this letter signed by Bradley Whitford, of West Wing fame:

"Dear Anne,

On The West Wing I played a character who was deeply interested in public policy. In real life, as the father of three young children, I'm also concerned about issues that affect our future. That's why I want to share with you an important new documentary film, titled Quiet
Revolution, produced by Alliance for Justice.

[Blah de blah de blah.]

Thanks,

Bradley Whitford"

It also had this picture of him:

I tried hard for the sake of both of our dignities, but I totally failed to not reply:

"Dear Bradley,

I had no idea you had my address. I notice that you say you have three children. Does that mean that you're married/otherwise unavailable?

thanks,
anne"

I'll let you know if he responds and/or we get married and I become his kids' stepmom.

. . .

No comments: