Aug 14, 2007

the great north platte chicken emergency

I left my apartment unlocked for the last two weeks whilst I was out of town for reasons not interesting enough to explain. I worried a little bit about it, but not too much--it's pretty safe here. And when I did get back, everything seemed pretty much as I'd left it. But when I made dinner, however, the absence of my friend the chicken timer became disastrously apparent (burnt burritos). I don't know how someone could be so cruel as to burgle my chicken. Alas. Let me know if you see her around. She looks like this:

come back, Kicky!
. . .

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

my mom always said, if someone breaks into your apartment and takes nothing but a chicken timer, they probably need it more than you.

Anonymous said...

Oh no! Was it unlocked because of me? Do I owe you a chicken?