Oct 1, 2007

news to me

Things I have learned in the past month:
  • having one's hands/feet/jeans/chin licked is not as gross as it appears to people who have never had dogs.
  • picking up poop in plastic bags swiftly becomes routine and also not as gross as it seems at first.
  • those little burrs in grass this time of year that are merely annoying to people are vicious to dogs. they get caught everywhere, but most evilly between toes. I am considering making Lulu some felted knitted booties to protect her from the lurking burrs. I doubt she would tolerate them, however.
  • dogs have toes.
  • processed (don't know how) bull penises are the most preferred chewing implement (by Lulu at least).
  • processed bull penises do not become less gross with familiarity. once chewed upon, they have a disgusting smell, pallor, wetness, stickyness, and texture.
  • I have a growing, already-very-strong, loathing for irresponsible dog owners.
  • it is very hard to tell when my clients are lying to me.
  • I dislike suspecting that my clients are lying to me.
  • an amazing number of poor people (in America even!) do not have phones.
  • an amazing number of poor people somehow live on no income at all (or so they tell me, and they can't all be lying).
  • Thus far, my limits are taxed more by my job's aspect of general life manager/problem-solver than by its truly legal aspects.
. . .

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

the way you just casually incorporate bullets 5 & 6 is amazing