Nov 16, 2006

hi there

Things have been bizzy--preparing for a nebraska thanksgiving/xmas/baby shower/birthday, the end-of-semester ramp-up, make-up classes, a new client, a delicious dinner with the male half of the Whitney-Thompsons, a cozy visit with JEC. I've got a bunch of ongoing projects that can't be publicized here until they've been given to their designated recipients, but when I do, oh boy oh boy!

I finally heard last weekend from the last judge--my heroic visits to the midwest notwithstanding, neither of them have hired me to become their clerk next year. So it's back to the employment drawingboard. All suggestions are welcome.

I'm leaving tomorrow for Nebraska for the year's family and turkey extravaganzas, and I'm looking forward to it. go big red.

Here's a little of what I've been up to, in picture form:


Jessie at Marrakesh, a Moroccan restaurant that left something to be desired in the matter of ambience, but the food was good.



Here's some fingerless mittens I made for Jessie from the arms of a felted sweater. They kind of cut off circulation to one's thumb, but we're hoping they'll stretch.



I finally got this Annie poster, a gift from my mother last year, framed. It's a great addition to 1018, I think.



I wish I had taken some before shots of these candlesticks. They were hella tarnished. Now they're as shiny as, um, really shiny things. Polishing silver has a miraculous quality.



And here's Bert's new hat, made from Manos del Uruguay wool. I like it. This photo doesn't do the yarn justice. Good job, me and Manos del Uruguay!
. . .

No comments: