Jun 12, 2010

postcard project

APC, 6/10: "Dear Anne... ...How nice!"
PMcCMcS, 2005(?): "A Burkinabé man on the airplane taught me that the word 'excité' means 'excited.' So, I went on to say 'I am excited to go to Africa!' 'I am excited to mean my host family.' Yeah. I found out today that it means 'sexually aroused.'"



JC, 6/25/05


T&R Train, 1/26/99: "I saw this guy on a motorcycle run into some other guys just standing. One of them sprayed him with pepper spray. It was crazy. There was a knife...It was after T & I went to a bar. My first really.... Nice people, though they offer you drugs & sex, it seems, just to be friendly. ... I'm back in Paris where only 50 yr olds offer you sex but despite that it is nice to be 'home.'"


NCW, 7/10/01: "Yesterday we spent about six hours in immigration while the Canadians worked on resolving work permit issues. We shared a tiny windowless room with none other than Gladys Knight and the Pips, who were having similar problems. Actually, Gladys pretty much sailed right through, but the Pips... ....Finally they figured everything out for us...but then the border patrol realized they had mixed up our passports and given them to a family of six heading to Lansing."



TJC, 4/2/99: "Piss n' vinegar is the recipe for that cookie."

MH, 8/10/01


SWT, 3/22/1: "I'll have to sum up Amsterdam w/ this: Cats on bar stools. Wet dogs shaking off on a rainy day in a cafe. Eat chickens while you can!"


From SWT: 3/20/02: "Basically I just sat on one couch + the whole world came over to chat!"


CMcS


JEMcS: "I read 200 pages yesterday - the general gist of it was 'Children are poor and that's bad.'"


TJC & RLY


. . .

No comments: